International Technology, Entrepreneurship, Academics and Marketing Program
Program Dates: July 2 – July 15, 2017
iTEAM is a two-week program for international undergraduate students interested in learning how to commercialize research. Students gain skills in how to use technology to transform business and those discerning whether to pursue graduate school or industry work will learn what it takes to excel in both. The program includes classes on business, technology, and entrepreneurship.
- Technological commercialization of research
- Business ethics
- Business and community partnerships
- Grant proposal and academic writing
Additional Special Opportunities
- Shadow graduate students in their laboratories at Notre Dame
- Visit start-up companies where academic research has been applied or commercialized
- Participate in activities that promote business and community partnerships
- Participate in a Q&A session with Notre Dame’s Office of Graduate Admissions
- Learn what graduate students should expect from their advisors
- Attend briefing session on job-seeking opportunities for international students in the United States
- Professional preparation, such as resume and cover letter writing
A day trip to Chicago, shopping trips to Michigan City and Mishawaka, a Lake Michigan beach visit, academic field trips, and numerous other activities combine to form the fun-filled features of the program.
- International undergraduate students from all countries
- An outstanding academic transcript, particularly in science, technology, or business
- High level of English language proficiency
- Exceptional motivation, emotional maturity, and a high aptitude for adapting to new environments
The total cost of the program is $4,000 and includes:
- Housing in an on-campus dormitory
- 3 meals per day for the entire length of the program (meals during field trips also included)
- Welcome dinner and closing reception
- All program-sponsored activities including day trip to Chicago
- Medical insurance
- Ground transportation for all program activities, trips, and airport pickup/drop-off at Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
Application Deadline: April 30, 2017
Once you click Learn More/Apply below, you will be asked to create an account. A password reset email will then be sent to you. Always click Non-ND NetID & Password Login. When you are in the application page, choose Questionnaire to start your application.
Please email American Summer Program Coordinator Lisa Shroyer at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding the application process.