7 Things You Should Know about the Wait List
If you have been wait-listed for Study Abroad 2017-2018, you still have some opportunities to be selected and should be aware of the following information:
- Being on a program's wait list means that you qualify to participate in the program but it has reached capacity.
- Accepted students must confirm or decline their offer within one week of receipt of offer. If openings develop, you may be offered a spot in a program. There is usually some activity on wait lists up until the middle of March for fall and academic year programs, and in August for spring programs.
- There is no ranked order on the wait list. Each location has different considerations.
- If you have a definite offer in one program but are inquiring about the possibility of moving onto a wait list in another program, please be advised that you would have to decline your definite offer before being considered for the wait list program. You would be placed in the wait list pool with all other wait-listed applicants. Give careful consideration before giving up any offer.
- Make sure you have a valid passport expiring at least six months after your anticipated program end date. If an opportunity presents itself with short notice, you need to possess a valid passport to be considered for participation.
- Consider your summer Study Abroad options. Most summer programs are still accepting applications. Scholarships may be available for some programs.
- Notre Dame International is committed to expanding its Study Abroad programs. Check our website regularly for announcements about new opportunities. Also visit the Other Opportunities Abroad page.
Applicants Waitlisted for London and Dublin Programs
Due to the volume of applications to the Dublin and London programs (academic year, fall, and spring), program directors will not be able to respond via e-mail to questions regarding individual applications. If you have questions, please attend one of the following meetings. Arrive five minutes before the start of meeting to the 105 Main Building conference room.