London Undergraduate Programs FAQs
- When will I find out my flat allocation in Conway Hall?
- Can I get into my flat before the semester starts?
- Can I stay in my flat after the semester ends?
- What are my options for storing luggage during and after the semester?
- Will my laptop charger work in the U.K.?
- How will healthcare work for me in London?
- Is there a room in Fischer Hall that I can book for interviews?
- Can I call the U.S. from a phone in Fischer Hall?
- Can I borrow any camping equipment?
You will be notified of flat allocations before arriving in London.
No. In case of extenuating circumstances, contact Geraldine Meehan (Geraldine.Meehan.firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Office of International Studies at the start of you application process to seek permission. The London Undergraduate Program rector, Joshua Copeland (email@example.com), should also be notified.
There are also luggage storage facilities in major London train stations and airports. Please note that you will be charged for this service.
If your power supply can accept an input voltage range of only 100-120 volts, then you will need to buy a power transformer as well. These can be purchased at an electronics store (preferably in the U.K.) or at an airport.
In the event of a legitimate emergency, you will receive whatever treatment is required in any Emergency department. The emergency number in the U.K. is 999, and 112 on the European continent. Should you or a friend be involved in a medical emergency, please contact the rector or a member of staff as soon as possible, so that assistance and support can be provided.
Find out more information on the Medical Services page of our website.
Yes, there are 2 rooms in Fischer Hall that can be booked for interviews by contacting the LUP office (firstname.lastname@example.org) Both rooms have a computer with Skype and a phone line. Please note that the phone can only take incoming calls.
No, you will have to use your own mobile (cell) phone to call the U.S. Alternatively, use Skype - it has great international rates from 1.8p/minute to call landlines and mobile phones.