International Program Costs and Fees
Students will be charged Notre Dame tuition and an international program fee (equivalent to on-campus room and board charges, plus a $750 international studies fee).
Notre Dame tuition and the international program fee cover the following:
- Tuition for the program of study
- Room and partial board, specific to site
- Notre Dame credit and grades for courses taken abroad
- HTH Worldwide Insurance (For more information, see www.hthstudents.com )
- Round-trip international airfare. (Notre Dame will cover up to the lowest possible group fare, from designated gateway cities.)
- Curricular field trips dependent on site
* Please note: Students may incur other expenses, such as passport and visa fees, along with other incidental costs specific to the program of study.
Students in the Washington program will be charged Notre Dame tuition and a program fee equivalent to on-campus room and board. No roundtrip airfare or insurance is included.
For financial aid purposes, the cost of attendance will be calculated based on estimated program costs as determined by the Office of Financial Aid.
The financial aspect of study abroad is a concern for many students and parents investigating study abroad through the University of Notre Dame. While most scholarships and loans continue as on campus, studying abroad requires a slightly higher personal expenditure. Students expecting financial aid must meet the application deadlines and requirements of the Financial Aid Office.
Work-study is not available at study abroad program sites.
Please use the links provided to the right to investigate this subject further.
Listed below are web sites for scholarships that may be of interest to prospective study abroad students:
The John J. and Patricia L. FitzGerald Scholarship (Angers, France)
German Academic Exchange Service (Germany)
Monbukagakusho Scholarships (Japan)
Also, it may be worth contacting the Notre Dame Scholarship and Fellowship Office for information about Independent research abroad, research grants, and other funding information. We also encourage you to read and discuss the information contained on the Notre Dame Financial Aid website regarding Study Abroad.