In light of terrorist activity in Europe—and the U.S. State Department's update to the October 2014 Worldwide Travel Caution—Notre Dame International reminds Notre Dame travelers, especially students in Study Abroad programs, of the following resources and preventative safety measures:
International Ambassadors (IA)
Student Leadership Job Description
2017 – 2018
Notre Dame International (NDI) – International Student & Scholar Affairs is looking for a select group of University of Notre Dame students, both international and American, undergraduate and graduate, to serve as International Ambassador’s (IA). The role of an IA is multi-faceted. The group serves as NDI’s student leadership team. Also, as peer mentors to incoming international students, cross cultural group leaders during International Student Orientation, and will represent NDI by participating in international programming and hosting international visitors on campus.
The IA position is a year-long, non-paid commitment. This leadership position will begin with an International Ambassador Banquet in April 2017 and continue throughout the following academic year. IAs must:
- Attend monthly IA dinner meetings
- Participate in a three-day training retreat August 13-15, 2017
- Assist with two-day International Student Orientation August 16-17, 2017
- Serve on one of three committees: International Taste of South Bend @ND (Fall), Global Café (6 times a year), Student Safety Summits and Returnee Retreats (Fall/Spring).
- Other activities as needed include: Assist with set up/tear down of other ISSA events (for example Family Friendship Program Kick-off dinner) Attend ISSA events as to engage with attendees, participating in new IA interviews with ISSA Staff, engage in discussions with NDI Senior Leadership and welcoming international visitors to campus.
Please consider your schedule carefully. We are asking for your commitment to attend the monthly dinner meeting, the retreat, the orientation, and then to serve on a committee and help with a few smaller activities as needed. Note: If you plan to be an RA you will not be eligible to be an International Ambassador.