In light of terrorist activity in Europe—and the U.S. State Department's update to the October 2014 Worldwide Travel Caution—Notre Dame International reminds Notre Dame travelers, especially students in Study Abroad programs, of the following resources and preventative safety measures:
Inviting Undergraduate Interns, Researchers and Visitors for the Summer or Academic Year
Please note the following differences for inviting a student, intern or visitor to campus during the summer versus the academic year:
- Departments should work with the Office of the Summer Session to admit students as part of a Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Program. The Office of the Summer Session will work with ISSA to generate students' immigration documents.
- On-campus housing is generally available to students during the summer term through the Office of Housing.
- Tuition billing is based on credit hour at the summer tuition rate. A student enrolled in a zero-credit course and no other courses during the summer will incur no tuition charges.
- Departments should contact the staff at International Student & Scholar Affairs, who will generate the student's immigration documents.
- On-campus housing is generally not available to undergraduate researchers, interns or visitors during the academic year. Academic departments are responsible for providing students with off-campus housing information.
- Tuition billing is based on any enrollment - even if students are enrolled in zero-credit courses only. A student enrolled in a zero-credit course and no other course during the fall and spring term will still incur the full tuition charge.