In light of terrorist activity in Europe—and the U.S. State Department's update to the October 2014 Worldwide Travel Caution—Notre Dame International reminds Notre Dame travelers, especially students in Study Abroad programs, of the following resources and preventative safety measures:
Travel to Notre Dame
Reserve Transportation to the University of Notre Dame
- Notre Dame is located in Notre Dame, Indiana, about 2 hours east of Chicago, Illinois.
- We recommend that students arrive on campus on Tuesday, August 16 to attend International Student Orientation, which will begin at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, August 17.
- The closest regional airport to Notre Dame is the South Bend Airport (SBN); however, Chicago-O'Hare Airport (ORD) and Chicago Midway Airport (MDW) are the closest international airports. We do not recommend flying into the Detroit or Indianapolis airports, as there is no direct public transportation to Notre Dame.
- If you fly to Chicago, Coach Bus Lines operates a bus service from Chicago-O’Hare (ORD) Airport or Chicago Midway (MDW) Airport to the University of Notre Dame. You may purchase your ticket on the bus or in advance at www.coachusa.com.
- If you arrive at the South Bend Airport there are a variety of taxis waiting at the South Bend Airport that can drive you to campus for a fee, typically $20-30. If you arrive at the Coach USA Notre Dame Bus stop, you may request a ride from the Notre Dame Security Police for free to your on-campus residence. For instructions for using this service, click here.