This year's Notre Dame Forum is titled "Care for Our Common Home: Just Transition to a Sustainable Future.' The ND Forum is intended to mobilize the entire University community around questions of environmental justice and sustainability.
Notre Dame International will bring a global perspective to the Forum theme by taking the conversation on environmental justice and sustainability to our global gateways, centers, and beyond, engaging experts and “ordinary citizens” in various parts of the world. We have a special interest in amplifying the voices of those most vulnerable to the effects of climate change, wherever they are in the world. The cultural, ethical, technological, economic, and political change we need requires international cooperation. We at Notre Dame International are dedicated to building a transnational community of citizens who are informed and work together to promote environmental justice and a just transition to a sustainable future.
Below is a list of Notre Dame Forum events that NDI is sponsoring or co-sponsoring:
- Apr. 20, 2022: Global Day of Action
- Feb. 6 - Apr. 6, 2022: Global Dialogues: The Worsening Water Crisis
- Nov. 29, 2021: Indigenous Responses to Climate Change: Perspectives from the Americas
- Nov. 29, 2021: Why Does Biodiversity Matter to Us All?
- Nov. 11, 2021: Naughton Fellowship Alumni Speaker Series
- Oct. 27, 2021: Ireland Climate Inventory
- Oct. 23, 2021: Global Climate Governance and China's Changing Role under Carbon Neutrality
- Oct. 6, 2021: Global Day of Action
- Oct. 5, 2021: Cry of the Earth, Cry of the Poor
- Oct. 4, 2021: Mass on the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi
- Oct. 3, 2021: The Flowers of St. Francis (Francesco Guillare Di Dio) Film Screening