We are continuing to monitor events in Mexico City. All registered students, staff, and faculty in the Mexico City and Puebla area are confirmed safe.
- Home ›
- About NDI ›
- News ›
- UK threat level raised to critical
UK threat level raised to critical
Update: The U.K. threat level was reduced to severe on May 27, 2017.
All travelers should be aware of the guidance from the U.S. Department of State for high alert situations:
- Avoid crowds and pay attention to your surroundings.
- Follow the instructions of local authorities.
- Be informed: Monitor local media and the U.S. State Department's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program communications.
- Be flexible: be prepared for additional security screening and unexpected disruptions.
- Stay in contact with your family and have multiple communication plans in the event of an emergency.
NDI continues to rigorously monitor world events, and urges all travelers abroad to take proactive safety measures and access the University’s resources for responding to disruptive or unsafe situations. We continue to request that all students register their personal travel online. Additionally, counseling and support services are always available to all undergraduate students through GeoBlue worldwide insurance; call +1-610-254-8771 (collect calls accepted).
Contact: Notre Dame Security Police +1 574 631 5555 for emergencies; Tom Guinan, Notre Dame International, +1 574 631 9186