American Semester Abroad Program
Fall Semester 2017: Aug 16 - Dec 16, 2017
Spring Semester 2018: Jan 14 - May 12, 2018
The University of Notre Dame invites exceptional international undergraduate students enrolled in universities around the world to study abroad at Notre Dame for a semester or an academic year.
The American Semester Abroad Program (ASAP) is a credit-bearing program that allows international students to take 12-18 credits per semester at the University. Students will receive an official Notre Dame transcript upon completion of the program.
- Welcome orientation and activities
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP) training
- Face-to-face Q&A sessions with Graduate School admissions staff
- Living on campus as part of the Notre Dame community
- Access to campus facilities
- Excursion to Chicago
- 4-5 day academic excursion over mid-term and spring breaks to major destination (for example: New York, Washington, or similar)
Program Cost Includes:
- Tuition and fees
- Housing and three meals per day
- Health insurance
- Excursions, trips, and all other program-sponsored activities
Program Cost Does Not Include:
- Personal expenses
- Travel to and from Notre Dame
- Visa fees
More information about the program cost available here.
- International undergraduate students enrolled in a university outside the United States
- Sophomore or higher standing at home university
- Outstanding academic transcript: 3.0 GPA or higher
- High level of English language proficiency (TOEFL 80 / IELTS 6.5 minimum with 90+ / IELTS 7.0+ preferred. If TOEFL is between 80 and 90, or IELTS is at 6.5, the applicant may be required to do a phone interview with the admission committee.)
- Students should possess exceptional motivation, emotional maturity, and a high aptitude for adapting to new environments
- One recommendation letter from a faculty member
- A personal record form, filled out by a school official or your study abroad advisor
- Documentation demonstrating enough funds to support study at Notre Dame
- 2017 Fall Semester: March 26, 2017
- 2017- 18 Academic Year: March 26, 2017
- 2018 Spring Semester: October 1, 2017
Once you click Learn More/Apply below, you will be asked to create an account. A password reset email will then be sent to you. Always click Non-ND NetID & Password Login. When you are in the application page, choose Questionnaire to start your application.
Please email Amber Li at email@example.com for questions about the application process.