American Semester Abroad Program
Fall Semester 2018: Aug 15 - Dec 15, 2018
Spring Semester 2019: Jan 14 - May 10, 2019
The University of Notre Dame invites exceptional international undergraduate students enrolled in universities around the world to study abroad at Notre Dame for a semester or an academic year.
The American Semester Abroad Program (ASAP) is a credit-bearing program that allows international students to take 12-18 credits per semester at the University. Students will receive an official Notre Dame transcript upon completion of the program.
Experience Notre Dame:
- Attend classes taught by world renowned professors
- Experience the unmatched sense of community on campus
- Participate in student activities in our state-of-the-art facilities
- Understand the religious and intellectual traditions that are unique to Notre Dame
- Cultivate your sense and responsibility to be a force for good
Program Cost Includes:
- Tuition and fees
- Housing and meal plan on campus
- Health insurance
- Program-sponsored activities
Program Cost Does Not Include:
- Travel to/from Notre Dame
- Passport and visa fees
- Personal expenses
More information about the program cost available here.
- International undergraduate students enrolled in a university outside the United States
- Sophomore or higher standing at home university
- Outstanding academic transcript: 3.0 GPA or higher
- High level of English language proficiency (TOEFL 90+ / IELTS 7.0+. The applicant may also be required to do a phone interview with the admission committee.)
- Students should possess exceptional motivation, emotional maturity, and a high aptitude for adapting to new environments.
- One recommendation letter / confidential reference form from a faculty member
- A personal record form, filled out by a school official or your study abroad advisor
- Documentation demonstrating enough funds to support study at Notre Dame
- 2018 Fall Semester: March 15, 2018 (Application opens on December 15th)
- 2018- 19 Academic Year: March 15, 2018 (Application opens on December 15th)
- 2019 Spring Semester: October 1, 2018
To apply, click "Learn More/Apply" below and a new page will open.
- Click the “Apply Now” tab on top of the new page
- Click "I do not have login credentials to use this site"
- Create a user account. A temporary password email will then be sent to you