International Summer Physics Institute
Program Dates: July 14 - July 28, 2018
International Summer Physics Institute (iSPI) is a two-week intensive science program on the most intense and cutting-edge science: particle physics. The program strengthens students’ existing knowledge of physics and supplements it with advanced knowledge to investigate questions in physics using particle physics data. For the experiments, students use real data from the Large Hadron Collider at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) laboratory in Switzerland. They assemble and test detectors in the laboratory to study cosmic rays and draw raw data from their particle physics experiments. Students also visit the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (Fermilab) outside of Chicago.
In addition, students will have a chance to meet with representatives from Notre Dame’s Office of Undergraduate Admissions. A day trip to Chicago and numerous other fun activities enrich student experience.
Optional College Application Boot Camp with TOEFL/SAT/ACT Prep Course:
July 29 - August 5, 2018
Students can participate in the optional third week course that helps them navigate their college application. Course on college application essay writing, school selection strategy, and SAT/ACT/TOEFL will be included. NDI will make transportation arrangements for students who wish to take the TOEFL exam on Friday or Saturday at the nearby testing center.
- International high school students from all countries
- An outstanding academic transcript
- High level of English language proficiency
- Students should possess exceptional motivation, emotional maturity, and a high aptitude for adapting to new environments
- $4000 for regular two-week program
- $6000 for regular two weeks + College Application Boot Camp
- Housing in an on-campus dormitory
- Three meals per day for the entire length of the programs (meals during field trips also included)
- Welcome dinner and closing reception
- All program-sponsored activities
- Medical insurance
- Ground transportation for all program activities, trips, and airport pickup/drop-off at Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
Application Deadline: April 30, 2018
Once you click Learn More/Apply below, you will be asked to create an account. A password reset email will then be sent to you. Always click Non-ND NetID & Password Login. When you are in the application page, choose Questionnaire to start your application.
Please email ASP Program Coordinator Lisa Shroyer at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding the application process.