International Summer Undergraduate Research Experience
The iSURE program provides opportunities for international undergraduate and Master's students to participate in engineering and science research at the University of Notre Dame. Students will gain valuable hands-on research experience and exposure to broader areas of science and engineering research. Students work closely with Notre Dame faculty and graduate students on a variety of ongoing research projects.
The iSURE program is open to all international students who are enrolled as undergraduate or Master's students in a university overseas.
Notre Dame also works closely with the following partner universities in China, Mexico, and India:
- Fudan University (China)
- Peking University (China)
- Sichuan University (China)
- Tsinghua University (China)
- Zhejiang University (China)
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Mexico)
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (India)
2018 Program Dates:
Students must attend iSURE based on the following program dates:
- India: Monday, May 21 – Saturday, July 14 (8 weeks)
- China: Thursday, July 5 – Friday, August 31 (8 weeks)
- Other: Saturday, June 3 - Saturday, July 22 (8 weeks)
For Chinese students who are able to leave school early, you are welcome to join iSURE from June 3 to July 22.
If you are not from one of the partner universities listed above and are applying independently, you may choose to come for any of the above time frames.
Students from partner universities
If you are a student at one of the partner universities listed above, please contact your university before starting your application. Partner universities nominate students to participate in the iSURE program. Once you are nominated by your university, please complete the online application by clicking on the Learn More/Apply button below.
International students applying independently
If you are not from one the partner universities listed above, please proceed to the online application.
The cost of the program is TBD.
- Lab fees
- Housing on campus for the entire program
- Ground transportation to and from Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Medical insurance
- Day trip to Chicago with artichecture cruise, Willis Tower SkyDeck experience, Navy Pier etc.
- Opening and closing reception with participating faculty
- Other program-sponsored activities
Cost not included in the program fee: Round trip air fare to Chicago O’Hare International Airport; Passport/visa related fees; Personal spending money.
NDI offers very limited scholarship to outstanding students. All applicants will be evaluated. No seperate sholarship application is needed.
Research Projects/Application for Summer 2018
Project list will be posted in mid November.
Please note, applicants should not contact faculty during your application phase. You may be disqualified for iSURE for this reason. For any questions, please contact Lisa Shroyer (email@example.com) or Amber Li (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Application Deadline: January 31st, 2018
After clicking Learn More/Apply below, you will be asked to create an account. A password reset email will then be sent to you. Always Click Non-ND NetID & Password login. From the application page, choose Questionnaire to start your application.
Please email American Summer Program Coordinator Lisa Shroyer at email@example.com for questions regarding the application process.