International Summer Undergraduate Research Experience
The iSURE program provides opportunities for international undergraduate and Master's students to participate in research projects at the University of Notre Dame. Students will gain valuable hands-on experience and exposure to real-life scientific problem-solving and learning by work closely with Notre Dame faculty and graduate students on a variety of ongoing cutting-edge projects.
The iSURE program is open to all international students who are enrolled as undergraduate or Master's students in a university overseas.
Notre Dame works closely with the following partner universities in China, Mexico, and India:
- Fudan University (China)
- Peking University (China)
- Sichuan University (China)
- Tsinghua University (China)
- Zhejiang University (China)
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Mexico)
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (India)
2018 Program Dates:
Students may attend iSURE based on one of the following program dates:
- India: Monday, May 21 – Saturday, July 14 (8 weeks)
- China: Thursday, July 5 – Thursday, August 30 (8 weeks)
- Other: Sunday, June 3 - Saturday, July 28 (8 weeks)
Chinese students who are able to leave school early are welcome to join iSURE from June 3 to July 28.
Students not from one of the partner universities listed above may choose to come for any of the above time frames.
Students from Partner Universities
If you are a student from one of the partner universities listed above, please contact your university before starting your application. Partner universities nominate students to participate in the iSURE program. Once you are nominated by your university, please complete the online application by clicking on the Learn More/Apply button below.
Students Applying Independently
If you are not from one the partner universities listed above, please proceed to the online application.
$4,000 for the 8-week program, which covers the following:
- Housing on campus for the entire length of the program
- Partial meals on campus through Domer Dollars
- Medical insurance
- Ground transportation to and from Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Cultural Excursions
- Opening and closing reception with participating faculty
- Other program-sponsored activities
Students are responsible for: Round trip airfare to Chicago O’Hare International Airport, passport/visa related fees, and personal spending money.
NDI offers limited scholarships to outstanding students. All applicants will be evaluated. No separate scholarship application is needed.
Research Projects/Application for Summer 2018
Click here for 2018 iSURE research projects.
Note: Applicants should not contact faculty during the application phase and may be disqualified for iSURE for this reason.
Application Deadline: January 31st, 2018
Please note: Faculty will review the application AFTER this deadline, which means applying later does not decrease your chance for admission.
clicking Learn More/Apply below, you will be asked to create an account. A password reset email will then be sent to you. Always Click Non-ND NetID & Password login. From the application page, choose Questionnaire to start your application.
For questions regarding the application process, please refer to the contact information below.