Application deadline is NOVEMBER 1, 2017
International education opportunities are an integral part of a Notre Dame education. Applying to one of Notre Dame’s many study abroad programs is a straightforward process, but there are key points to keep in mind as you plan for a semester or year abroad. Below are four short videos to walk you through the application process. Please be sure to view all of the videos before starting an application.
Module 1 - How do I choose the right program for me?
Module 2 - How competitive is my program?
Module 3 - How do I submit an application?
Module 4 - Application submitted! What do I do now?
- Maximum number of applications: you may apply to a maximum of three programs. You will be notified to rank your programs AFTER the application deadline.
- Semester of choice: Select your first-choice term for the program to which you are applying. If you are able to attend during an alternate term, indicate so in the application questionnaire.
- Advising Dean and DUS Approvals: Applicants other than freshmen must schedule separate meetings with the DUS of their major(s) AND an associate/assistant dean. Most schools and colleges set deadlines for granting approvals.
- Academic and Language References (as required): Please contact your professors to ask permission before listing them as an academic or language reference. Once you submit your reference request, the requested faculty member will receive a notification email.
- Personal Statement (maximum 600 words): This is the most important element of the application. Please consider visiting the Writing Center for consultation.
After Submitting: Please check your application page frequently to make sure all references and academic approvals have been received. We are unable to evaluate your application until all materials have been received.