Application deadline is NOVEMBER 1, 2017
International education opportunities are an integral part of a Notre Dame education. Applying to one of Notre Dame’s many study abroad programs is a straightforward process, but there are key points to keep in mind as you plan for a semester or year abroad.
- Maximum number of applications: you may apply to a maximum of three programs. You will be notified to rank your programs AFTER the application deadline.
- Semester of choice: Select your first-choice term for the program to which you are applying. If you are able to attend during an alternate term, indicate so in the application questionnaire.
- Advising Dean and DUS Approvals: Applicants other than freshmen must schedule separate meetings with the DUS of their major(s) AND an associate/assistant dean. Most schools and colleges set deadlines for granting approvals.
- Academic and Language References (as required): Please contact your professors to ask permission before listing them as an academic or language reference. Once you submit your reference request, the requested faculty member will receive a notification email.
Rector Reference: Students will no longer need to send a reference request to their rector. This will be taken care of by Study Abroad.
- Personal Statement (maximum 600 words): This is the most important element of the application. Please consider visiting the Writing Center for consultation.
After Submitting: Please check your application page frequently to make sure all references and academic approvals have been received. We are unable to evaluate your application until all materials have been received.
Application Instructional Video - How do I submit an application?