Life Beyond the ND Bubble returns for its third year Sunday, Feb. 9. The Alumni Association is pleased to again host this life skills event for graduating seniors to help prepare them for managing their world outside Notre Dame—from retirement planning and budgeting to professional dress and home management.
A group of wonderful presenters will be there:
- Laura Schwab ‘95, the first female president of Aston Martin the Americas, will be the featured speaker. Seniors who register early can win a dream test drive with Laura in an Aston Martin iconic sports car—the Vantage!
- Carl Ackermann, finance faculty member, will share his personal financial management tips;
- Erling Wu-Bower '05, three-time James Beard Best Chef nominee and owner of Pacific Standard Time restaurant in Chicago, returns to identify pantry basics and ignite passions for simple, healthy cooking;
- Samuel Awad ’85, financial advisor and educator with Private Vista LLC in Chicago, will share the ins and outs of budgeting with practical examples;
- Gaby Mercurio ’16, ’22 J.D., Ellen Roof ’15, and Eric Ways ’18 provide first-hand insights of what it’s like to be a young alumnus after leaving the Golden Dome; and
- Jay James, Chappellet Winery's Master Sommelier, will help seniors grow in their appreciation and understanding of wines.
The Feb. 9 event will run from 11 am-4 pm in the Dahnke Ballroom in the Duncan Student Center. It is free, and students can come and go throughout the day. Learn more at bubble.nd.edu.
In addition to the speakers above, Macy's and Target will there to share advice on dressing for the workplace and decorating a small space on a budget. There will be lots of prizing from sponsors at Aston Martin, VenueND, Hammes Notre Dame Bookstore, Chappellet Winery, and Campus2City! Students will have time scheduled to visit and learn from tabling partners—the Grotto Network, IrishCompass, Liberty Mutual, Mendoza's Graduate Business Programs, Notre Dame Clubs, Senior Legacy, Campus2City, and VenueND.
Seniors who register by Feb. 3 will go into a drawing for two Stanford tickets to be given away to attendees.