Proposal Submission Deadline: currently closed for applications
The University of Notre Dame (ND), USA and Ukrainian Catholic University (UCU), Ukraine are launching a program entitled the ND-UCU Library Guest Scholars program. Proposals are invited from faculty at UCU with a specific research project that may benefit from a semester using library resources at Notre Dame. Selection for the ND-UCU Library Guest Scholar Program will be competitive and made jointly by ND and UCU.
PLEASE NOTE: Notre Dame faculty are not eligible to apply for this program.
Funding and Awards
- Awards of a $500 research grant will be made per semester (up to 2 semesters) in addition to access to the library resources
- It is expected to make up to 25 grants
The Notre Dame - Ukrainian Catholic University Library Guest Scholars program is contingent upon ND and UCU entering into a mutually acceptable written agreement.
Eligibility at Ukrainian Catholic University
Regular full-time faculty of UCU are eligible to apply.
Criteria and Outcomes
Proposals for the ND-UCU Library Guest Scholars program will be accepted from all disciplines.
The following outcomes are encouraged:
- Publication(s) (or submitting for publication) an article in an international peer reviewed journal(s) in English or another foreign language;
- Preparation of an application (and its submission) to an external funding body with the involvement of international partners;
- Participation with presentation in an international symposium or conference;
- Dissertation research (Ph.D.);
- Opinion papers in the media (at least3 papers, one of which is preferred to be in English or another foreign language).
How to Apply
Proposals will be submitted by UCU faculty through Notre Dame International's Online Application system.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Faculty Engagement
Notre Dame International
Phone: (574) 631-7742
Head of Research Support Office
Ukrainian Catholic University
Phone: 097 229 49 09