Departing the United States

If you plan to leave the United States for a short trip and will be returning for the continuation of your studies (for example, for winter break) please consult the Traveling Outside and Reentering the U.S. page and ensure you have all necessary documents with you.

If you are leaving the United States permanently or for a long period of time such as a semester abroad, please the consult the Preparing for Permanent Departure page to understand your immigration responsibilities, as well as for general advice on organizing your affairs before you leave.