Catarina Stella Daltro was set to graduate on May 20, 2018. Six months before the big day, she learned the news that Brazilian Judge Sérgio Moro was set to receive an honorary degree and serve as principal speaker at the University of Notre Dame’s 173rd commencement ceremony. She wrote about the experience and discussed her unique perspective on graduation day.
International Ambassador Program
“When I was a freshman, the International Ambassadors made me feel welcome at ND and gave me a vision of what my four years could look like. I wanted to be able to pass on the torch to others by becoming an IA. Through the experience, I have not only felt a deeper connection to the international community on campus but also developed my teamwork, mentoring and organizing skills.” - CJ (Caleb) Pine, Valedictorian, Class of 2017, Arabic and Peace Studies
About the International Ambassador program
International Ambassadors (IAs) are a select group of University of Notre Dame students, both international and American, undergraduate and graduate, who serve as ISSA's student leadership team. Not only do the IAs provide an initial connection pre-arrival, but they also guide students through the early social and culture adjustments. The IAs continue to help shape programming that encourages the building of relationships and elevates the success of internationalization efforts on campus.
International Ambassador applications are now closed
- Attend the International Ambassador Banquet in April 2018
- Participate in a three-day training retreat in August 2018
- Welcome new students at the two-day International Student Orientation in August 2018
- Serve on one of three leadership committees throughout 2018-19: International Taste of South Bend @ND (fall), Global Café (6 times a year), and Student Safety Summits (fall/spring).
- Actively participate in other NDI – ISSA activities including: monthly dinner meetings, Family Friendship Program Kick-off dinner (fall), assist with new IA interviews (spring), participate in discussions with NDI Senior Leadership and welcome international visitors to campus.
- Welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic, with an appreciation of diverse cultures and people
- Excited about opportunities that offer great communication
- ND students in good academic standing
- Flexible with their schedule, prioritize planning and attending ISSA events
- Strong leaders and patient listeners
- Available to participate in a three-day training retreat and international student orientation each August
- Committed to supporting internationalization at Notre Dame
Benefits of being an IA
In being a part of this team you will expand your communication skills, make friends from all over the globe, and enhance your leadership and networking skills.
International Student and Scholar Affairs, a division of Notre Dame International, unveiled the 2018 T-shirt design contest winner.
Xinyue Zhao, a second year PhD student in the Department of Applied and Computational Mathematics and Statistics,…
On April 3, 2018, the Greater China Scholars celebrated Easter together, learned about Catholic traditions and Jesus' resurrection, and shared reflections. This was possible through the generous support from the Our Lady of Perpetual Succor Global Endowment and the collaboration with Campus Ministry. …