J-1 Students

The information below is intended for Notre Dame international students with an F-1 student visa and their dependents. International scholars (post-doctoral researchers, visiting researchers and visiting faculty) should visit the J-1 Scholars page for immigration resources and information. 

J-1 students with DS-2019 forms issued by agencies or organizations other than Notre Dame must address all employment and immigration questions and requests with their sponsoring agency/organization directly.

All request forms can be accessed via ISSAlink.

Status and Employment Information

Maintaining Lawful J-1 Immigration Status

J-1 Employment Options

J-2 Dependent Employment

Obtaining a New Visa

Travel Information

Traveling Outside and Reentering the United States

Studying or Conducting Research Abroad

Preparing for Permanent Departure

Living in the U.S.

The Office of Public Affairs and Communciations hosts find.nd.edu, a resource for where to go, what to do in the Notre Dame community. it also includes housing information. Additional resources listed below are intended to help international students and their dependents navigate their time in the United States. 

If you have questions regarding this information, please email issa@nd.edu or call (574) 631-3825.