Get an International Driver's Permit


If you would like to drive during your stay at Notre Dame, you may do so with either an Indiana driver’s license or your home country driver’s license AND an international driver’s permit. You must get the international driver’s permit in your home country. Please note that not all countries issue international driver’s permits and you may only drive in the United States with an international driver’s permit for one year. You may find more information about driving in the U.S. on the Car and License page