Your health and safety is always our top priority. Notre Dame International continues to monitor developments related to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and will post updates here.
For all University updates, visit here.nd.edu.
July 9, 2020: Letter from Rev. John I. Jenkins, C.S.C., sent to the Acting Secretary of Homeland Security regarding new visa rules for international students
July 8, 2020: Notre Dame International responds to latest ICE guidelines
- All summer 2021 undergraduate study abroad and outgoing global education experiences have been canceled. For more information, please refer to the Fall 2021 Study Abroad FAQs.
- The University’s international travel policies remain in effect for summer. Please refer to the University’s summer travel policy on the here.nd.edu website.
- If you are an undergraduate student who wishes to be considered to be permitted by the University of Notre Dame to travel internationally during Summer 2021, please carefully review application instructions and requirements found here:Summer 2021 Individual Safety Assessment Travel Risk Management Plan (Word doc that downloads). All requests must address why this travel is essential, including specific reasons for international travel to this specific destination during Summer 2021, why it cannot occur in the future, and why this travel is absolutely essential to your academic and intellectual progress. Submissions without these details will not be considered.
- NDI’s campus staff are working remotely as of Tuesday, March 17, 2020, and until further notice.
- The Beijing, Jerusalem, and Rome Global Gateways are operating on a limited basis. All other Gateways and Centers remain closed and staff are working remotely.
International Travel Updates
Outbound travel from the US
International travel remains very complicated (regardless of vaccination status) with entry restrictions and requirements subject to change at any time. Both the CDC and Department of State in close coordination issue country-specific assessments, advice and advisory levels (CDC levels 1-4 and DOS levels 1-4). Many countries to date remain high risk for COVID-19, and ND travelers are strongly encouraged to review this information for CDC COVID-19 Travel Recommendations and Department of State Travel Advisory levels prior to any international travel.
NDI continues to closely monitor health and safety conditions across the world. If you have any questions about international travel, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inbound travel to the US
All air passengers arriving in the US are subject to new testing and entry protocols. If you are traveling to the US, contact your airline for more information about what kind of COVID-19 test they will accept and how to submit your results.
New and Returning International Students
Study Abroad Students
Faculty and Global Research