Notre Dame International, with support from other campus departments and organizations, is celebrating International Education Week (IEW) from November 18-22. IEW is a national event coordinated by the U.S. Department of State and Department of Education to celebrate and promote global exchange between the United States and other countries.
Several events will be hosted on campus throughout the week, including the signature event on Wednesday, Nov. 20. Carlos Gutierrez will host a discussion at Jordan Auditorium, moderated by Jeffrey Bergstrand, Finance professor from the Mendoza College of Business. Carlos Gutierrez is chair of Albright Stonebridge Group. He served as U.S. Secretary of Commerce from 2005 to 2009 under President George W. Bush, playing a key role in the passage of landmark trade legislation. He spent nearly 30 years with Kellogg Company, becoming president and chief executive officer in 1999 and chairman of the board in April 2000. Register here for the event.
Other events open to the public include:
• Workshop: Introduction to Pranayama on Monday from 4:15-5:00 PM at Rockne, room 205.
• Introduction to Squash on Monday from 7:30-8:30 PM at Rockne, courts 8-11. This event is co-sponsored by RecSports. Participants must sign up here by Nov. 17.
• Spice it up: Intro to Indian Dancing on Tuesday, from 7:30-8:30 PM at Rockne, room 205. This event is co-sponsored by RecSports and the Graduate student Union. Participants must sign up here by Nov. 18.
• CSLC: German Language Table on Wednesday from 4:45-6:15 PM at 317 O-Shaughnessey Hall.
• CSLC: Irish Language Table is Wednesday from 6:00-7:00 PM at 334 Bond Hall.
• CSLC: Korean Language Table on Wednesday from 7:00-8:00 PM at 334 Bond Hall.
• CSLC: English Language Table on Thursday from 5:00-6:00 PM at 334 Bond Hall.
• Summer Study Abroad 101 on Thursday from 5:00-7:00 PM at DeBartolo Hall.
A full list of events can be found on international.nd.edu/IEW.
Originally published by issa.nd.edu on November 14, 2019.at