The U.S. Department of State issued a Europe Travel Alert on Nov. 22 that is in effect until Feb 20, 2017. We encourage students, faculty, and staff traveling abroad to familiarize themselves with the text of the alert and abide by all recommendations including those noted below:
- Stay in touch with your family members
- Look for guidance from local authorities and program staff
- Monitor local media and information sources
- Be aware of immediate surroundings and avoid large crowds
- Check the website of your nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate for any recent security messages, including short term travel destinations
Notre Dame International (NDI) believes that serious academic engagement in countries outside the U.S. is the best way to form global citizens who are equipped to participate in and respond to an increasingly complex and interconnected world.
NDI seeks always to balance this University value with vigilance and diligence by preparing students before they depart for international programs and providing resources and response plans for the duration of their time abroad.
Members of the Notre Dame community with questions or concerns are invited to email email@example.com. These will then be forwarded to the most appropriate party.