Notre Dame International (NDI) is dedicated to advancing the University through international education, research, and worldwide engagement to ensure Notre Dame flourishes as a global institution. Senior Fellows will work to represent NDI interests on campus by welcoming incoming international students, educating peers about opportunities to study abroad, designing programs with an international flair, and participating in signature events, including International Education Week and Study Abroad Week. Specifically, NDI Fellows will work together alongside NDI teams with the primary responsibility of creating in-hall programming and activities.
We are looking for a great team of seniors who are passionate about all things International. The Senior Fellows for Internationalization will represent Notre Dame International and help promote global initiatives to fellow students primarily in the residence halls, but also throughout campus. Hall Fellows should have a well-developed understanding of the concept of “internationalization” along with some vision of how to actively engage our community towards an increased awareness of this concept. NDI aims to internationalize our campus to enhance our diversity and cultural understanding, and to enable cross-cultural programming that benefits the campus and showcases Notre Dame as a diverse and international community.
- Fellows will work 8-10 hours a week, including some evenings and weekends.
- Fellows will receive a stipend of $3000 as compensation, paid out over the course of the academic year.
- Fellows will participate in mandatory cohort trainings, meetings, and professional development workshops.
- Fellows will attend two kick-off training meetings at the end of the Spring 2021 semester.
- Fellows will support the Program Director for New Student Engagement, the Study Abroad Team and the International Student and Scholar Affairs (ISSA) team with programs throughout the year
- Fellows are required to be present and work with the Office of Student Affairs during Welcome Weekend 2021.
- Welcome Weekend responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: the Student Services Resource Fair, Official University Welcome and Cookout, Moreau First-Year Experience, Kick-off, Class Photo, DomerFest, Student Social, First Trip to the Grotto, and Day of Community.
- Fellows will be required to move in early, along with the rest of the Welcome Weekend staff, and are expected to be available at all times, from their move-in date until the beginning of classes.
- The primary responsibility is designing and implementing innovative in-hall programming and activities that promote internationalization.
- Meet, welcome, and work with incoming international students. Support integration of international students into the life of the residential community, and assist them with identifying and locating campus resources.
- Educate your peers about study abroad and other global opportunities.
- Attend Hall Council meetings in residence and promote NDI events and activities, as well as announcing application deadlines.
- Assist in our signature events such as International Education Week, Study Abroad Week, National Study Abroad Day.
- Work with NDI’s Content Strategist to create social media content.
- Present to Notre Dame clubs and organizations about NDI initiatives.
- Collaborate with ISSA International Ambassadors on international student events.
- Collaborate with the Study Abroad team on study abroad events, initiatives, and activities.
- Provide feedback as needed
- Senior Fellowships are open to all members of the class of 2022 who will be living on campus for the duration of the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to empower others
- Intercultural skills and sensitivity
- Friendliness and excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet all program time commitments (8-10 hours per week)
- Preferred: International students or study abroad experience
Interested in being a Senior Fellow for the 2021-22 academic year? Click below to apply.
For questions, please contact Judy Hutchinson at email@example.com.
For information on other Senior Fellows opportunities, visit the Student Affairs website.