You are required to meet the university’s immunization requirements and will also be responsible for completing and submitting a medical and physical history form. You can find a PDF of the immunization form on the University Health Services (UHS) website and enter your vaccination records in the UHS Patient Portal.
The University of Notre Dame requires all incoming students to have the following vaccines:
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) series after first birthday
- Varicella (chicken pox) series after first birthday
- Hepatitis B series
- Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (Tdap) (at or after age 10) NOTE: if Tdap was received more than 10 years ago, Tetanus, diphtheria (Td) within the last 10 years
- Meningitis-ACYW (at or after age 16) NOTE: Meningitis-B vaccine, while recommended, does not meet this requirement
- In addition, students coming from countries of high tuberculosis (TB) incidence will be tested for TB at UHS. (If you have results of an interferon-gamma release assay TB blood test, such as Quantiferon Gold, performed in a lab in the US, within 6 months prior to arriving on campus, you can submit; otherwise, you will be tested at UHS.)
Process for Submission of Information
- Log into Online Student Health, the patient portal, at Online Student Health, using your Net ID and password.
- Click on the Upload button and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Enter the vaccination dates (mm/dd/yy) on the immunization tab in the portal.
- The deadline to submit required immunizations is June 30th for all students who start in the fall and March 1 for those students who start in the spring. More information on immunizations can be found here.
- If you are having trouble uploading your records and vaccination dates, please screen-print a copy of the error you are receiving and send the error message in an email to email@example.com. They will then contact you directly.
The University of Notre Dame requires that all students are covered by health insurance. You must enroll in the University's health care plan for the duration of your time spent at Notre Dame. This insurance will ensure that your medical expenses are covered if you become ill or injured during your time studying at Notre Dame. Visit the University Health Services website for more information.
Insurance Waiver Process
You are required to have sufficient health insurance coverage during your stay at ND. You will automatically be enrolled in ND’s health insurance. If you wish to waive ND’s health insurance through AETNA, you must visit aetnastudenthealth.com and complete the Enrollment/Waiver Application Process.
Notre Dame's criteria for a comparable plan that is eligible for a waiver of AETNA’s insurance include:
- Deductible of
- $500 or less for individual plans, OR
- Any amount for non-individual plans (i.e., parents’ insurance plans that cover the student, or student’s employer insurance plan, or student’s spouse’s employer insurance plan
- Unlimited lifetime maximum
- Local coverage
- Prescription benefit
- Coverage for entire academic year
- U.S. Based plan
- Annual (Fall) July 23 – September 15 (New Fall starts and Continuing students)
- Spring January 1 – February 15 (New Spring starts only)
- Summer May 15 – June 15 (New Summer starts only)
- Fall Only Registration Deadline -- November 15 (December/January graduates ONLY)
For more information on insurance and the waiver click here.
For further inquiries about health insurance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to Constance Morrow, assistant director for office operations at University Health Services, at email@example.com.