What are Peer Mentors?
Peer Mentors are a group of undergraduate, degree-seeking students at Notre Dame who serve as a resource and point of contact for new visiting international students. The Peer Mentoring Program is a great way to receive support for your transition to ND and adjustment to life on campus and in the United States.
Benefits of Having a Mentor:
- Begin your adventure at ND with greater confidence and self-assurance
- Meet an experienced, current ND undergraduate student and profit from their expertise about life at ND
- Get connected to useful campus resources, clubs, organizations, and events
- Find out more about social, cultural, and academic life on campus
- Make new friends!
If you are interested in having a mentor during your study abroad experience at Notre Dame, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up on the application portal after you have been admitted.
Benefits of Being a Mentor:
- Develop leadership and mentoring skills that you can apply to your future career and educational endeavors
- Engage in intercultural experiences and strengthen your cross-cultural communication skills
- Meet students from all around the world
- Letter of Reference for active mentors
- Contribute to internationalizing and diversifying our community
- Developing long lasting friendships with peers from all around the world
- Optional early move-in available