International Summer Undergraduate Research Experience
The iSURE program provides opportunities for international undergraduate and Master's students to participate in research projects at the University of Notre Dame. Students will gain valuable hands-on experience and exposure to real-life scientific problem-solving and learning by work closely with Notre Dame faculty and graduate students on a variety of ongoing cutting-edge projects.
2018 Program Dates
Students may attend iSURE based on one of the following program dates:
- India: Monday, May 21 – Saturday, July 14 (8 weeks)
- China: Thursday, July 5 – Thursday, August 30 (8 weeks)
- Other: Sunday, June 3 - Saturday, July 28 (8 weeks)
Chinese students who are able to leave school early are welcome to join iSURE from June 3 to July 28.
$4,000 for the 8-week program, which covers the following:
- housing on campus for the entire length of the program
- partial meals on campus through Domer Dollars
- medical insurance
- ground transportation to and from Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- cultural Excursions
- opening and closing reception with participating faculty
- other program-sponsored activities
Students are responsible for:
- round trip airfare to Chicago O’Hare International Airport
- passport/visa related fees
- personal spending money
- Any international student who is enrolled as an undergraduate or Master's students in an overseas university.
- An outstanding academic transcript.
- High level of English language proficiency - TOEFL iBT 80+ or IELTS 6+ . Please note that TOEFL iBT and IELTS can be waived if the language of instruction of applicant's current school is English. Skype interviews may be conducted.
- Some research experience and research interests.
- Exceptional motivation, emotional maturity, and a high aptitude for adapting to new environments.
NDI offers limited scholarships to outstanding students. All applicants will be evaluated. No separate scholarship application is needed.
Research Projects for Summer 2018
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants should not contact faculty during the application phase and may be disqualified from program consideration for this reason.
Application Deadline: January 31st, 2018
PLEASE NOTE: Faculty will review the application AFTER this deadline, which means applying later does not decrease your chance for admission.
Once you click Learn More/Apply below, you will be asked to create an account. A password reset email will then be sent to you. When logging into the application system, always click Non-ND NetID & Password login.
Once on the application page, click the application questionnaire to start your application.
Global Engagement Programs
Notre Dame International