Notre Dame International monitors world events diligently via numerous private and public resources, including the U.S. Department of State. We evaluate all information continuously for risks to the health, safety, and well-being of all Notre Dame international travelers.
In the event of a genuine risk, Notre Dame International will respond in a timely, coordinated, and prudent manner which may include some or all of the actions listed below:
- Confirm traveler safety
- Provide guidance as appropriate
- Assist with coordinating international insurance
- Physical and mental health services
- Evacuation resources
- Communicate updates via the NDI website in the case of major events
We respect the privacy of Notre Dame’s international travelers and are careful in deciding when and with whom information about an emergency should be shared.
The follow resources are made available to all Notre Dame students, faculty, and staff before traveling internationally.
Local Emergency Contacts by Country: 911 equivalents for most countries
Contact the U.S. Department of State or your home country’s embassy/consulate. They are essential contacts in lost passport, detention, or volatile political situations.
Pay particular attention to your STEP notifications and remain attentive to news sources.
Assistance from Campus
Notre Dame Security Police: +1 574-631-5555, available 24/7/365
When calling for assistance, providing the information below enables us to provide a timely and effective response:
- Your name
- Return contact information
- Country and ND organization hosting your travel
- Name(s) of persons involved in the emergency
- Description of emergency
- Actions taken
- Assistance needed
- Emergency point of contact for your program
- GeoBlue International Health Insurance: +1 610-254-8771 (collect calls accepted)
- RAINN: National Sexual Assault Hotline, online chat is available 24/7 for confidential counseling
Faculty and Staff Resources
AIG Travel Assist: Advance registration is required for access and ND Policy number 9113229 is needed for registration.
- Overseas Collect: +1 715-346-0859
- Domestic: 877-244-6871
Global Rescue: Notre Dame employees have travel assistance services as a benefit of employment. This benefit is in force during the first 60 days of travel when traveling 100 or more miles from home. Please read the Global Rescue brochure.
- Call: +1 617-426-6603 collect 24/7/365 for emergency assistance or transport services