New International Travel Policy
Effective July 1, 2022, all faculty, staff, and graduate students traveling abroad on University-related travel must register their travel in advance and attach their confirmation email to their Concur expense report in order to receive expense report approval and reimbursement. Learn more
Faculty and Staff traveling on University-related international travel are required to take the following steps before going abroad:
Register international travel in NDI's Travel Registry prior to departure so that NDI has information about your trip and can contact you in the event of an emergency. The University may not be fully able to assist or arrange evacuation for those who do not register travel through NDI's Travel Registry.
- High risk travel requests should be submitted as close to eight weeks prior to departure as possible. These requests are required to be reviewed by the appropriate Travel Review Committee.
- Faculty and staff who accompany students abroad, particularly undergraduates, must fulfill the requirements outlined on the Trip Leader page.
Learn about your international travel health insurance coverage for your destination. For more information, please visit the Office of Human Resources Benefits While Traveling Abroad and the NDI International Health Insurance page.
Travel Health & Safety Risks
Review information and advice for your destination:
- U.S. Department of State country information and travel advisories
- CDC country information and travel health notices
- International SOS medical and travel security ratings, information and advice
Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
Enroll in STEP (U.S Department of State Smart Traveler Enrollment Program). STEP is a free service to allow U.S. citizens/nationals traveling abroad to enroll with the local U.S. Embassy or Consulate; a Smart Traveler app is also available. Non-U.S. passport holders should leave the passport field blank when registering, and contact their home country’s government to learn about available additional support.