YOUR CHOICES GREATLY IMPACT YOUR SAFETY. Remember that YOU CONTROL 100% OF YOUR RESPONSE.
In an Emergency
- Remain as calm as possible.
- Trust your instincts.
- If you are in a safe place, stay there; if not, get to one.
- Be in contact with your loved ones.
- Respond to all safety confirmations.
- Pay attention to Smart Travel Enrollment Program (STEP) alerts and monitor local news and authorities.
- Know how to call your 911 in-country equivalent. It is usually not the same as in the United States.
- If local resources are not available, contact NDSP at +1 574 631-5555.
- U.S. Department of State: Get help in an emergency. Know the emergency number of your local embassy or consulate.