The following message was sent to Notre Dame travelers on January 7, 2020:
Notre Dame International continues to monitor developments amid elevated tensions in the Middle East. In light of recent events, all travelers – regardless of destination – are reminded to exercise increased caution and heightened situational awareness. Other pre-departure reminders and advice include but are not limited to the following:
- read travel advisories and country information pages and adhere to travel safety advice provided by the US Department of State;
- review the Department of State’s Worldwide Caution for general information about common travel risks for US citizens abroad;
- enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and make it easier for the State Department to locate you in an emergency;
- follow the Department of State on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram;
- immediately read (and respond, if requested) to any communications from Notre Dame International;
- contact NDPD’s emergency line (574-631-5555) if you need assistance – the line is monitored 24/7 and will be connected to NDI once message is received.
Please be assured that your safety and security is always our top priority and that NDI will be in touch should any safety or security concerns arise while you are abroad.