In an Emergency
On-the-ground connections are the quickest and most effective. Use your completed:
Local Emergency Contacts by Country: This chart links to 911 equivalents for most countries
Contact the U.S. Department of State or your home country’s embassy/consulate. They are essential contacts in lost passport, detention, or volatile political situations.
Pay particular attention to your STEP notifications and remain attentive to news sources.
Assistance from Campus
Notre Dame International Emergency Line: +1 574-339-6154; texts and iMessages accepted
Notre Dame Security Police: +1 574-631-5555; Available 24/7/365
When calling for assistance from international locations, please provide:
- Your name
- Return contact information
- Country and ND organization hosting your travel
- Name(s) of persons involved in the emergency
- Description of emergency
- Actions taken
- Assistance needed
- First, Think Local
- Contact GeoBlue: +1 610-254-8771 (you may call collect)
- Contact your parents or the emergency point of contact for your program
- Sexual Assault Hotline: Contact RAINN, either through their online hotline or by calling 800-656-4673. RAINN is available 24/7 for counseling, community resources, and emergency protocols for any victim of sexual assault
Faculty and Staff
- Global Rescue: Notre Dame employees have travel assistance services as a benefit of employment. This benefit is in force during your first 60 days of travel when traveling 100 or more miles away from home. Please read the Global Rescue brochure.
- Call: +1 617-426-6603 collect 24/7/365 for emergency assistance or transport services
Make use of AIG Travel Assist resources: Advance registration is required for access and ND Policy number 9113229 is needed for registration.
- Overseas Collect: +1 715-346-0859
- Domestic: 877-244-6871