Trip Leader Training
As an international trip leader, your role in student oversight is much more comprehensive than on campus. You are often the sole, or one of a few, Notre Dame representatives on the ground. Notre Dame International (NDI) is here to assist you. No one can eliminate all risks, but they can be mitigated by providing a thorough pre-departure orientation that includes resources and preparation guidelines. We are your partners in this endeavor, and look forward to working with you to prepare our students for engaged global citizenship.
For those leading student trips abroad, Notre Dame International provides the following training resources.
- Travel Registry: Faculty and staff leading students on Notre Dame-sponsored international travel must have all participating undergraduate students register their international travel. For assistance, please contact email@example.com.
- Trip Leader Guide - provides guidance on taking students on Notre Dame sponsored travel. Please be sure to download and take with you on your travels.
- Faculty & Staff Emergency Card: Gathering important contact numbers before you leave campus is critical. Download the NDI Faculty & Staff Emergency Card and fill it out with the information that pertains to you.
- Safety Orientation Resource Slides: overview slides of the Notre Dame International Student Safety Summit. These can be used to lead an orientation and provide a look into topics that are discussed at the Student Safety Summit.
- Faculty, staff, and graduate students are invited and encouraged to register their travel as well: Faculty/Staff Travel Registry
Notre Dame International offers training support as needed. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get a sense of what it might be like to be a trip leader, please view this fifteen minute video.