Notre Dame International monitors world events diligently via numerous private and public resources, including the U.S. Department of State. We evaluate all information continuously for risks to the health, safety, and well-being of all Notre Dame international travelers.
In the event of a genuine risk, Notre Dame International will respond in a timely, coordinated, and prudent manner which may include some or all of the actions listed below:
- Confirm traveler safety
- Provide guidance as appropriate
- Assist with coordinating international insurance
- Physical and mental health services
- Evacuation resources
- Communicate updates via the NDI website in the case of major events
Please be assured that your safety and security is always our top priority and that NDI will be in touch should any safety or security concerns arise while you are abroad.
Responding to Emergency Situations
Even if unlikely, you should mentally prepare for the possibility that something could happen to you by thinking through or researching how to respond to them.
There are a few general rules of reaction for any incident you may face:
- Remain as calm as possible.
- Comply with any demands.
- Trust your instincts.
- Get to a safe place as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Respond to all safety check-ins from Notre Dame.
- Communicate to your loved ones that you are safe.
- Read all Smart Travel Enrollment Program (STEP) alerts.
- Monitor local and breaking news for updates.
Emergency Assistance While Abroad
- Call your 911 in-country equivalent.
- Call NDPD's 24/7 Emergency Line at +1 574 631-5555. This line is monitored 24/7 and you will be connected to NDI once your message is received.
- Contact your local embassy or consulate.
- Emergency point of contact for your program or department, if applicable.
We respect the privacy of Notre Dame’s international travelers and are careful in deciding when and with whom information about an emergency should be shared.